Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day Number Five (December 13, 2011)

This will be the last time I write in this blog, unless we continue our Google Project into Second Semester!

I know it has been a while but I missed out on our last in-class Google Day so I had to make up for lost time on my own!

I went over simply reviewing the notes I had previously learned and getting back into the groove of strumming the chucking.  It may seem like I haven't made much progress throughout this whole program when in actuality, I personally feel like I have gained a lot.  I played piano for years, clarinet after that, but I had never attempted a stringed instrument.  To be able to now strum and play a few songs on the ukulele is actually so awesome!  I always want to show off my skills, even if I play extremely slow and segmented songs...I'm proud that I at least have SOME basic knowledge!

Today for the class, I presented what I had learned.  I played, "I'm Yours" while the class began to sing along.  Sadly, I'm still not very skilled at the ukulele so I got my chords mixed up and played to slowly to keep up with the class's singing, BUT it was still fun to talk about what I'd learned throughout first semester!

I WILL BE CROSSING MY FINGERS THAT WE CONTINUE OUR GOOGLE PROJECTS UNTIL THE END OF THE YEAR.  This was so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment