Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day Number Two (October 5, 2011)

Day two has come and gonnneeee!

Today, I relearned technique of strumming and the fingerings for the three chords I learned last class!  Too be honest, i spent about 20 minutes just trying to remember how to strum, the motion is hard to master for a clarinet/piano player!
I also looked up a fingering chart because i wanted to learn chords on my own, without the help of others...unfortunately, first I had to ask Mr. Matthys how to READ the fingering chart.
The very last thing I did, which was the most fun, was learned how to play some chords to go along with, "You are my Sunshine."  Although there's only about 5 different chords you use, I had to play it in like super-duper slow motion.  But it was a blast playing a real song!!! And it was also preeetty funny seeing my friends sing-along with my playing at the pace of a slug.  (There is definitely a reason why we're in band, not choir)

No comments:

Post a Comment